MISSION: Dalewood United Methodist Church is a joyful Christian community where lives are transformed by God’s love and our love for one another. We come together to be renewed by God’s grace, grow in our Christian faith, and share God’s love with our neighbors as we serve their needs and invite them into a fellowship that brings light to our community.
FAITH PRACTICES: Faithful to the United Methodist Church and the Wesleyan tradition, we strive to practice our faith in simple, loving and missional ways as part of a meaningful Christian community. Our ministry is organized around these faith practices:
- Explore: To explore our community in order to discover our neighbors’ needs
- Connect: To seek, relate with, invite and gather neighbors in our fellowship
- Share: To share the story of our renewal by God’s grace with our neighbors
- Grow: To grow in our Christian faith by the means of God’s grace
- Serve: To live lovingly and justly among our neighbors through acts of compassion, mercy, justice, peace, reconciliation and hospitality
- Worship: To delight in the triune God who creates, renews, and empowers God’s creatures to experience and express joy in God’s fellowship
- Resource: To faithfully steward all that God has entrusted to us for extending our ministry and light into the future
PROGRAMS and SMALL GROUP FELLOWSHIP: There are many opportunities to serve, learn, and connect through programs and small groups. All are welcomed!
- Children’s Ministries provide children with opportunities to learn, grow, and develop a commitment to Christian growth and continuing education. It plans Sunday morning Sunday School classes for children at 9 am and the children’s sermon as part of the 10 am worship. Special events during the year include community service projects, Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School in the summer, Trunk or Treat, Children’s Christmas Party, family game nights and more. For more information, contact Lisa Johnson, Minister to Families with Children and Preschool Director.
- Dalewood Creative Preschool provides quality daycare to young children and shares the love of God with families in our area. The preschool meets every Monday and Wednesday, 9 am-3 pm. Ages 18 months-5 years. For more information and tuition rates, call Lisa Johnson at 615-262-2437.
- Youth Ministries provide a safe and nurturing place for middle and high school students to explore their relation with God and develop friendships within the church. Youth sunday school classes are held upstairs in the youth room. Game nights, movie outings, service projects, Warmth in Winter, Easter sunrise service breakfast, and other events are planned throughout the year.
• Men’s Breakfast group meets every Wednesday morning at 6:30 am. All men are welcome to join together in Langford Hall for a time of fellowship, prayer, and good food to start the day off right.
- Music Ministry includes a Chancel Choir, Handbell Choir, Youth Choir and Children’s Choir. The Handbell, Youth and Children’s choirs perform several times a year during worship service. If you love music and enjoy praising God through songs, consider joining one of the choirs. We embrace the rich musical history and enormous talent in Music City and incorporate a variety of musical expressions during our services.
- Drama Ministry includes special performances and creative opportunities in conjunction with local theater and performing groups. Performances are held in Langford Hall and have included a Valentine’s Day Dinner Theater, summer drama classes and performances, and special musical performances throughout the year.
- Needlethreaders invites you to join in a time of fellowship with fellow crafters. Work on a church sewing or knitting project, help make a banner for the sanctuary, or bring your own project to work on. All are welcome to share their creativity and talents.
- Pumpkin Patch has become a neighborhood tradition anticipated each year at Dalewood. When the air blows cool and all things turn to fall, come pick out your pumpkin from the hundreds lining the front lawn of Dalewood. Proceeds benefit outreach activities of the church.
- Friends and Neighbors Fifth Sunday Potluck is held every month with five Sundays. We welcome everyone to join us for worship and a covered dish meal following in Langford Hall.
- Outreach Ministries serve others in need through Christian response. Believing in the Methodist vows charging each of us to support the church with our prayers, presence, gifts, and service, the Outreach Ministries at Dalewood collects donations and provides volunteers to assist social service and outreach programs serving the community, including the 61st Avenue Toy Store, East Nashville Cooperative Ministry, Rosebank Elementary School, East Prep School, Meharry General Hospital, Warm Hands-Warm Heart, and United Methodist Church initiatives.
- Scouts – Boy Scout Troop 262 and Cub Scout pack 262 are sponsored by Dalewood UMC.